Absence and Leave
Whole day absence
- If your son is sick, please enter an attendance note in the Compass portal before 8.30am.
- If the College has not received a phone call or previous notification an SMS will be sent asking you to contact the College. Partial absence or Leave during the day
- If your son is required to leave early for a medical appointment or for some other a reason please provide him with a note, to be taken to his Year Coordinator (on arrival at school) who will issue a Leave Pass. He is to sign out at Student Services before he leaves the school.
Late to school
- If your son is late to school, he is to go to Student Services to sign in. He will be required to use his student pass which will be issued early in Term One.
- All leave requests are to be sought through the College’s Application for Exemption from Attendance at School form that is available from the College website. We ask that this form be filled in providing as much information as possible and submitted to Student Services at least two weeks before the intended leave. Where possible we ask that family holidays be taken during the term holidays listed above.
Absence on first and last day of term
- If your son has not been granted exemption from attendance (leave) a doctor’s certificate must be provided to explain his absence.